Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: may be getting new computer  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
may be getting new computer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 11:16:39 pm »
in lang that flask can understand:

we can play halo 2 online now (windows live > xbox live)

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

wethepeople

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 11:17:18 pm »
*PCI-E

>_> Sorry. Not my comp anyway, my sisters.

bioakky

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 11:18:03 pm »
Well, lawl @ Geek Squad then.

<_<

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 11:22:43 pm »
geek squad = my mortal enemy!

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

wethepeople

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 11:24:23 pm »
Go to Circuit city and go to Firedog. If you want something done right they can do it. Its more expensive but they actually know what they're doing. Geeksquad are a bunch of greasy douchebags who got in cause they know what GB stands for.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 11:27:53 pm »
^^ heh

so true
but if they cant fix it they just have to give us a new one

bioakky

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 11:33:52 pm »
<_< It took me a while to figure out which GB you were talking about.

lulz

I couldn't figure whether you meant gigabyte or some other thing of which I have no knowledge or no remembrance.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 01:38:31 am »
hm, sounds like i'm more than qualified to work at geek squad (i need a job anyway).

how much do they pay?

Offline cctmsp13

• Viceroy
  • Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 01:55:19 am »
Quote from: Vector
also it's $140 for the gig because its under warenty so i have to get the stick from bestbuy (100) and have them install it (40) but they have sales every so often and then i can get a gig for 70 installed so i'll go to 4 gigs then

ok, I looked on-line
Crucial DDR2-5300 1GB stick

Cost is under $40

Does opening the PC and installing the memory yourself void the warranty? Memory from Crucial has a lifetime warranty, so you don't have to worry about the memory.

Also, if you're on a 32-bit operating system, don't bother going past 3GB.  The PC won't be able to use all of the last 4GB, So you'll end up with like 3.5GB.

Otherwise that computer should serve you well for many, many years.

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 10:33:52 am »
it comes with vista prof so it is 64 bit

i can go up to 8 gigs of ram

and yes, putting in the memory me self would void it X_X if not i would have 4 2 gig sticks on the way to mah house now

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 11:55:04 am »
Just because you have Vista Home Premium doesnt mean its 64 bit.

The lack of knowledge in this topic scares the ever loving shit out of me.

EDIT: I was thinking about XP professional for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 08:04:28 pm by crazyisraelie »

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 01:54:26 pm »
lol, there isn't even a "vista professional"

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 04:37:05 pm »
well that matters not, I'm not even sure what one we got at this point

mah brain hurts

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 05:34:48 pm »
I have no idea what anyone in this whole thread said.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 06:26:24 pm »
summary: people say mah computer and geek squad suck, then i get better one.

also it is home premium 32 bit for those who care

wethepeople

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 06:27:02 pm »
Listen, if you need more than 3GB's in the first place then you're crazy. I use 3GB and I don't /want/ any more. @_@ Let alone being able to use it.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 02:25:51 pm »
i would only go past 3 gigs if it was 1. required for max settings on a game i wanted
2. really fucking cheep

also with 2 gigs and an 8600 i can run anything out now (bioshock on top settings )

wethepeople

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 02:26:46 pm »
=D Nice!

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 02:42:46 pm »
ya,
it's the only game so far that my card was worth getting for, mostley it will be good in 6 months to 4 years

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 05:16:28 pm »
an 8600 in four years? sorry... my 6600 lasted 2 years before it was unbearable. i was going to replace it. then it exploded! so i bought my current card.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317