Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What's your poison?  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
What's your poison?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 06:46:12 am »
Yeah man, $7 to $8 are the normal jug prices, unless by some coincidence I end up drinking there or looking at the prices on the same day or two every week xD This is at Sydney Uni Village bar, which is not really the Uni bar (the uni bar itself kinda sucks, pretty average prices which, for Sydney, are way too high) but accommodation that you can stay at only if you attend Sydney Uni (there are 1,2,3,4,5 bedroom apartments and also dorms). I can't go have a brew between classes either cos it is kinda far from where I study (I only really ever go in the engineering section which is at the southeast corner of the uni grounds, and the bar is in the north).

I think this place can do good prices because we have a compulsory $20 a week payment when living here that goes onto credit on a card which you can then use to buy stuff from a couple places within the village, like a café kinda place (has takeaway coffee, pizzas, stirfry, burgers, steaks, etc.) a convenience store, and the bar. Obviously you only really go to the convenience store and cafe once in a while so mostly everyone spends the compulsory money at the bar  They have guaranteed sales and lots of students live there.

Also - I have never tried baileys. What's it like? The mint one seemed particularly appetising, but then I don't go for liqueurs than you need to have with milk, because 1) may as well have a milkshake cos you're not gonna get drunk on it because 2) it doesn't mix with any other alcohol. I tried Frangelico which is an almond based liqueur - tastes good but you can't have more than a couple glasses cos it is rich and it is hard to drink a lot of milk. Nice for Christmas parties, though, because everyone will like it and you can still get merry on it

Not familiar with CUT, but then I only lived in Perth for 1 year while I was in grade 3 and then visited for a week when I was 13 xD Nice weather  You guys have a beer called Swan or something there, right? Is it more tonicular than Toohey's and VB?

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
What's your poison?
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 08:09:03 am »
Yeah I assume you mean Swan Mid? It's probably about the same popularity but I don't like it as much personally. Baileys is good but like you said, I can't drink a lot of it. For a nice joke or challenge though mix Baileys + lemon juice aka cement mixer. I drank it once as a dare and it's probably the worst thing I've ever tasted.

Btw, anyone know some good mexican grog apart from straight tequila and coronas? I'm going to a mex-themed 19th tomorrow night and I want to bring something different. Maybe some of that Cuervo Vivezo (can anyone vouch?) I'll try and post at least 1 pic of me as a Mexican
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:13:14 am by ganon5 »

Offline Darth Sexy

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 08:27:53 am »
Quote from: Lamentations
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

YES. Actually Cpt'n Morgan's EVERYTHIGN Rum, all of it is very good.

Also I like Mead. It is kinda like wine but fermented from honey instead of grapes and was the first alcohol made. I even have a drinking horn for it! You can get spiced mead, too, but it is generally pretty hot.
You're a bastard, do you know that? I want a drinking horn

Beer wise, I'll go for Cascade Premium, Stella Heineken, Little Creatures, Carlsburg and anything else that doesn't taste like cat piss (ie, Budweiser).

Spirts wise I'll pretty much drink straight anything, hell, I'd be tempted to drink paint thinner. I think I have a problem O.o
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:29:14 am by Darth Sexy »

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 08:49:17 am »
hell, I'd be tempted to drink paint thinner. I think I have a problem O.o

I believe the official term is "Australian"

Yeah I got my drinking horn (and a wee leather strap to hold it and attach it to a belt, which I probably could have made myself but I'm lazy) in europe at Wacken Open Air  Was only a couple of euros. Nearly got screwed over coming back through customs with it... didn't declare or something.

Yeah I tried budweiser (the USA one, the czech one is very nice) and honest I would not have recognised it as a beer if I drank it blindfolded...

I don't mind the odd spirit straight but I draw the line at vodka and stuff like scotch straight I can only have single malt ones (the blended ones taste too gross straight) but otherwise yeah. One of my more foolish moments was after drinking a couple of sixpacks of beer and the American roomies over were playing that drinking game with cards (think it's called King, where you pick up a card and each one has a different activity or something) and the bloke opposide me drew 'waterfall' and I had run out of beer. I only had jägermeister left and had filled my pint glass up with it so I'd still have something to drink so I could participate... Anyway long story short I skulled 3/4 a bottle of jäger and an hour later (during the last quarter of this hour I was pretty much zoned out) I spent a good time throwing up. No hangover the next morning, though  Thank goodness for throwing up. Moral of the story, jägermeister is really nice, even/especially straight

I'll assume from that cement mixer link that you assume this one:
Performing anal sex while the recipient releases diarrhea in a slow, controlled fashion that is timed with each thrust.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
What's your poison?
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 12:43:33 pm »
Quote from: Lamentations
I'll assume from that cement mixer link that you assume this one:
Performing anal sex while the recipient releases diarrhea in a slow, controlled fashion that is timed with each thrust.
Uh wtf?

Also, tonight I invented a new rink. 1/2 Jose Cuervo margarita mix, 1/6 Sprite/lemonade/whatever, 1/6 vodka, 1/6 tequila. It tastes ok if you've already had a few drinks (quite lemony though), but it's potent as hell. Although that may be because we drank it out of a massive cup...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:45:03 pm by ganon5 »

Offline OhBuhnanerz

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 02:52:24 pm »
I haven't seen any one mention Jegermeister at all!... It goes in any drink: apple juice, any tonic, energy drinks and just about anything (except milk *believe me I tried*) and even tastes great by its self.  I go through at least a 12 pack a week of beer (Papst Blue Ribbon) at the bar Ill drink any thing off tap.  

the most diferent drink I positive none of you have ever drunk that I love is Pruno*!

Disclaimer: do not attempt to make pruno your self, and if you do I am not liable if you F*** up and die because you made it wrong.

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »
I like the vodka. For beer I have to say the best beer is old english.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline OhBuhnanerz

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 03:15:51 am »
Just out of curiosity any one try Pruno?

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
What's your poison?
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 03:30:58 am »
Graaaa

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 05:38:50 am »
I haven't seen any one mention Jegermeister at all!... It goes in any drink: apple juice, any tonic, energy drinks

Jägermeister used to be my favourite drink alongside beer before I discovered the joys of Whisky. Don't drink it so much any more, but only ever had it straight, or with the energy drink "V" (not red ox, that stuff is absolute piss).

Offline Nicolás San Jorge

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
    • View Profile
What's your poison?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 12:12:24 pm »
I like very much wine (Chile has a history in top quality wines), and I think that they don't have bad taste. I like so much Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Carmenère and Shiraz.
In the other hand I like so much Red Vermouth. It's hard in taste, but a good drink in parties. It makes good mixes with gin (I like gin too) and with many whiskies (Bourbon, for example). With my friends, we have invented the mix Whisky, Gin and Red Vermouth, and it tastes really good, but it's very hard to stand up after take one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:13:14 pm by Nicolás San Jorge »
If anything, only faith.

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
What's your poison?
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 02:58:48 pm »
Alcohol tastes horrid, and my nurse strictly prohibits anything more than a sip once in a blue moon.

I stay clear from the drop.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 41 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317