Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Fuck Leo and Fuck 'bama  (Read 867 times)

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
Fuck Leo and Fuck 'bama
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:52:20 pm »
Once again the BCS proves what shit they are.  Alabama had their chance to prove that they were the best team in the nation and lost.  Why do they get another shot at it now?  Maybe if we had a playoff system and the beat (Ok St, Boise St, Stanford...) to earn their shot at a rematch then sure.  But to just hand them a rematch is pathetic.  Shows just how much bias there is. 

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Re: Fuck Leo and Fuck 'bama
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:10:15 pm »
The BCS really is horseshit.  I feel unbiased, as I go to a D3 school.  The BCS is horseshit.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:20:07 pm »
The BCS really is horseshit.  I feel unbiased, as I go to a D3 school.  The BCS is horseshit.
Every level of every sport in the NCAA has some sort of national championship tournement except D-1A football.  Of course the reason is money, but it's still a pathetic excuse. 

I dont see why you cant use the current bowl system as a playoff.  Take the 4 major bowls, seed the top 8 teams in those games and make that round 1.  Then you just need two more games to determine who plays for the national championship.  Sure, someone will always bitch about not getting into the playoff, but that is inevitable.  They have 68 teams in the basketball tourney and the bubble is still the most watched thing of the last couple weeks of the season.  None of them have a shot of winning it, but the bitching is incessant.  But there are less teams in football, and there is usually a pretty clear distinction between those who have a shot and those who do not. 

I played D3 football.  Where do you go?

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:31:49 pm »
First of all to get it out of the way:
WOOO WOOOOOOWOOOOO WOOOO WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOO!!!!!!!

And now that I have done that, let me actually read your post.

Oh, ok, let me dissect that a bit at a time. The BCS is shit, we all know that. Personally, I prefer a plus-one; rarely would you find more than 4 teams with legitimate claims to being the best in the country. Secondly, there is only one other team, Oklahoma St, who could argue they deserve the spot more than Bama.

Oklahoma St: lost to 6-6 Iowa St versus Alabama's loss to #1LSU, but they played more top 25 teams even though they struggled with several of them, something Bama did not do against any of its non-LSU opponents
Stanford: no, they lost to Oregon, and can't argue against Bama not winning the division considering neither did they
Oregon: got beat badly by LSU earlier in the season, lost to USC
Boise St: lost to TCU, didn't win their conference either so they can't claim that over Bama, worse considering who their conference is
Wisconsin/Va Tech: lol

I could definitely see the vote for Ok St, but I think they would have gotten destroyed against either Bama or LSU, and watching the teams play, Bama/LSU are clearly the top two and the Nov 5 game could've easily gone either way.

TL;DR
WOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOO WOOOO WOOOO WOOOOO!!!!!! Also, look for me at the game. I think I'll be able to score a student ticket since I have so many hours. My flight back from Chile gets to the US a few days before the game(planned it that way just in case) and classes are supposed to start on that Wednesday after the game. If this game is half as good as the last meeting, I will be satisfied.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:42:13 pm »
I'd agree that Ok St is the only legit team who has a gripe in this system.  But the simple fact is, bama had their shot to beat LSU and lost.  Even if they win, what did they prove.  They then split the series.  So what, make this shit like boxing and have another rematch do decide it all?

edit: If this game is only twice as good as the last game, it will still be boring as hell.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »
So in your view, who's the Big 10 Champ, Jenne? Wisconsin? Michigan St? Neither? Should they have just canceled the game and sent MSU to the Rose Bowl game or should Wisconsin not have had a chance to play in it? I'll admit that I understand LSU fans not wanting to play us again, but this is the system that we are in and the rules of the system call for a second game that will decide the National Championship.

And if you thought that game was boring simply because there wasn't much scoring, I have no idea what you are talking about. I was at the game and it was the best atmosphere and game I have ever been to in my short time here. The only way I would have enjoyed it more is if we had been able to win it.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »
Best atmosphere has nothing to do with best game.  The game was terrible, and had nothing to do with lack of scoring.  I love defensive battles, and strong running teams, but this was not that.  It was just a bad game to watch.

There is no way to argue that if Alabama wins that they are the best team in the country.  They already lost to that team.  Don't get all cocky about LSU not wanting to play you again.  They already beat you without playing their best game. 

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:08:06 pm »
And yes, if you don't win your conference, you don't deserve to be in the national championship game.  Hell, you didn't even play for it.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:23:30 pm »
Read other topic Jenne
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:53:49 pm »
Both defenses played spectacularly that game and the teams were very evenly matched. I don't know if you actually watched the game or not, but that was a well played game by both sides and outside of the FG situation, I wasn't even that mad that we lost. These defenses are far and away the best two in the country and are full of players who are going to be drafted in the NFL. The offenses leave a little to be desired, but they're still very good, full of talent, and should not be ignored.

Don't tell me that LSU wants to play us just because they beat us once. They know how good we are and we know how good they are. Both teams could have played better, so don't give me that crap either. If Trent had made that one catch at the end or if our kicking team had been worth a damn, we could have just as easily won.

Also, you never told me who you thought should represent the Big 10 in the Rose Bowl, Wisconsin or Michigan St?
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 12:03:31 am »
Coulda, woulda shoulda, blah blah blah.  You lost. 

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:44:43 am »
We did lose, but "shoulda, blah blah blah" now we have a chance to win.

And you have yet to answer my question about Wisc-MSU.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 07:10:25 am »
Cincinnati ftw...
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317